Modular Test Systems – S400 Series
Modular Test Systems for Power Supply Production Testing, High Speed Testing, & More!
- Full-capability test system in a 6-slot chassis for interchangeable loads and DC sources
- 3-sizes of compact, space-saving cabinets
- Embedded measurement system with 12 input channels and 100kSamp/sec waveform capture
- emPower™ Test Executive
- PC-LAN control
The S400 Series Functional Test Systems are modular test systems that are PC-controlled, full-capability and highly flexible modular power supply test systems suitable for high-speed testing of power supplies typically used in high volume consumer applications.
The key to the S400 system’s flexibility, as well as space-saving design, is the modular DC load/source mainframe. This is the portion where flexibility is most often required. What makes this subsystem unique is that the 6-slot chassis will accept any combination of DC electronic loads and/or DC source modules.
Additional flexibility is gained through the ability to synchronously parallel like modules from within a test program to match each supply-under-test’s specific stimulus requirements. In this manner, it is possible to configure a wide range of virtual loads and sources within the chassis’ limits. All modules also have wide operating ranges and constant power operating envelopes to maximize range of requirements through a minimum group of modules.
S400 Series Power Supply Production Test System Specifications
- The S430 is designed for low-power DC-DC testing and comes with a 6-slot modular DC load/source mainframe.
- The S440 is designed for low-power AC-DC testing and embeds a 700W AC source in addition to the modular DC load/source mainframe within a single device.
- The S450 (link) extends the S430 by adding a higher power AC/DC source or a higher power DC load ideal for testing of mid-range power supplies and parallel testing of adapters.
|S400 Test System Instrument Options|
|Instrument Type & Model #||Key Specifications *||Test System Model #|
|Modular DC Sources|
|Modular DC Loads|
|* Maximum voltage/current corners of Constant Power operating envelopes|
emPower™ Test Executive Software
Simplified Test Creation, Execution & Reporting for Power Supply Functional Tests
Ideal for matrix & high volume testing
- Zero post-development using automatic report generator
- Sequencer with built in features
- Reduces software development time & risk
- Easy data entry environment
- Complete library of design verification test routines
- Speeds up test & increases productivity