Functional Test System – S450 Series
Production Test Systems for High Speed Power Supply Testing
- Preconfigured fully-capability test system in a 35” rack
- Interchangeable DC loads and sources
- Embedded Measurement System (EMS)
– 100 kSamp/s waveform capture
– 12 channel measurement system
- emPower™ test executive control
– PC/Serial interface
– USB-Serial ∓ LAN-Serial available
The Power Supply Functional Test System S450 Series is based on a S430 Production Test System and adds higher power AC/DC sources and higher power DC loading options. This system maintains the features of the S430, is PC-controlled, full-capability and highly flexible system suitable for high-speed testing of power supplies typically used in high volume consumer applications.
The key to flexibility, as well as space- saving design, is the modular DC load/source mainframe. This is the portion of all testers where flexibility is most often required. What makes this subsystem unique is that the 6-slot chassis will accept any combination of electronic loads and/or DC source modules.
Additional flexibility is gained through the ability to synchronously parallel like modules from within a test program to match each supply-under-test’s specific stimulus requirements. In this manner, it is possible to configure a wide range of virtual loads and sources within the chassis’ limits. All modules also have wide operating ranges and constant power operating envelopes to allow covering a maximum range of requirements through a minimum group of modules.
S450 Series Power Supply Functional Test System Specifications
- The S430 is designed for low-power DC-DC testing and comes with a 6-slot modular DC load/source mainframe.
- The S440 is designed for low-power AC-DC testing and embeds a 700W AC source in addition to the modular DC load/source mainframe within a single device.
- The S450 (link) extends the S430 by adding a higher power AC/DC source or a higher power DC load ideal for testing of mid-range power supplies and parallel testing of adapters.
|S400 Test System Instrument Options|
|Instrument Type & Model #||Key Specifications *||Test System Model #|
|Modular DC Sources|
|Modular DC Loads|
|* Maximum voltage/current corners of Constant Power operating envelopes|
emPower™ Test Executive Software
Simplified Test Creation, Execution & Reporting for Power Supply Functional Tests
Ideal for matrix & high volume testing
- Zero post-development using automatic report generator
- Sequencer with built in features
- Reduces software development time & risk
- Easy data entry environment
- Complete library of design verification test routines
- Speeds up test & increases productivity