High-Voltage Battery Test System – 9300 Series
Regenerative Battery Pack Test System with Power Range from 100kW up to 2.4MW
- R&D & Production Lab testing of battery modules and packs
- Bi-directional DC Source and Load
- Right-sized 100kW modules scalable to 2.4MW/8000A
- Wide operating envelope, dual range 600V, 1200V
- Regenerative Power > 90% energy efficiency
- Current, voltage & mode transitions <2 mSec
- Built-in digital measurements with charting & scope displays
- Battery emulation mode
- Touch panel, LabVIEW® & IVI Drivers
- Enerchron® Test Executive (optional)
NHR’s High Voltage Battery Test System (9300) includes power ranges from 100kW up to 2.4MW. It provides dual voltage ranges of 600V and 1,200V to cover both lower and higher power applications within a single product. The 9300 is ideal for R&D lab and high volume production line testing. This innovative battery cycler addresses the higher voltage and higher power battery test requirements for electric vehicles, renewable energy storage, solar PV inverters, aerospace and other critical power industries. NHR’s battery test systems are used as battery cyclers, regenerative, bi-directional DC sources, regenerative DC loads, high power DC sources, or Battery / DC emulators.
The High-Voltage Battery Test System (9300 Series) is a fast-acting, fully programmable, and bi-directional DC source (charge) that provides reversible current flow in order to act as a regenerative DC load (discharge). Both modes support any combination of constant power, constant voltage, and constant-current regulation limits.
Key differentiating features from other battery cyclers on the market include flexible control options, modular and scalable power, fast transients, built-in safety, and ease of use. We also offer comprehensive battery test systems solutions that include battery test software for easy test program creation and enterprise battery test lab management.
Advantages and Benefits
- Designed for testing & emulating all battery chemistries
- Automatic energy integration (full & 1/2 cycle)
– Multiple safety layers to protect UUT
- Battery emulation In Hardware (OCV & series resistance) Software tools to shorten test development time
- PC-based Softpanel GUI with charting
- Supplied LabVIEW & IVI-C/IVI-COM drivers
- Optional: Enerchron® test sequencer
- Regenerative, returns greater than 90% of power to the facility, which provides significant electrical savings.
- Dual Range: 1200V/167A & 600V/333A @ 100kW
- Modular design allows field expansion up to 2.4MW / 8000A
- Safely simulate and emulate “Real World” conditions
- Fast voltage, current, & mode transition times
- Safely emulate over/under charged batteries
- Safely emulate BMS & battery failures
The Power of Choice: Multiple Control Options
The ability for a battery test system to interface with and control an entire test environment is critical. Engineers need to have multiple ways to control the battery test instrument. Depending on the specific need, an engineer may 1) choose to have direct access to the drivers for in-house programming, 2) choose to use an integrator, or 3) choose NHR’s Enerchron® Test Executive software solution.
All NHR battery test systems can be easily integrated into existing test platforms or as the power stage for new test platforms. To achieve this, NHR provides fully documented drivers using either IVI or SCPO languages along with examples, applications, and integration support. NHR also has a number of integration partners who are familiar with our hardware and can deliver a full turn key test system. These integrators develop fully custom systems using your specified hardware sensors and fixturing components.
Modular & Scalable Power
All NHR battery module/pack test systems are designed for fully independent operation and can be paralleled, increasing the maximum power and current capability to the level required. This modular expansion ensures that you can start testing today’s application levels, knowing that additional power is available in the future. Expansion of the 9300 system is as simple as adding an additional cabinet(s) to reach the desired power levels up to 2.4 MW.
Wide Operating Envelope
NHR’s High Voltage Battery Test System (9300) provides the flexibility to address today’s higher voltage levels, and modularity to expand for future requirements. Customers are able to simulate a wide range of battery power levels without having to change test equipment. New electric transportation architectures are now operating between 800/1000 VDC to enable faster DC charging. The 9300 has a dual power range that covers both lower (up to 600 V) and higher power (up to 1200 V) applications using a single product. Unlike custom built solutions, the 9300 provides maximum flexibility in voltage and power, providing full power from 300 V – 1,200 V.
Fast Response Times
NHR’s High Voltage Battery Test System (9300) provides the speed and performance to accurately emulate today’s technologies and tomorrow’s innovations. NHR’s 9300 provides fast hardware performance and software command response to respond to real world conditions.
Built-in, Multiple Layers of Safety
When it comes to testing new battery technologies, safety is vital. NHR solutions provide mulitple layers of hardware and software protection. The combination of safety contactors, reverse polarity checker, and pre-charge circuitry are built-in automatically to the hardware and easy to control in a single solution. There are no hidden fees or added costs, and safety is designed into the product versus being an afterthought. All of these safety mechanisms are controlled and fully integrated into the automation system, providing full safety control throughout the test environment.
Comprehensive Battery Test Solutions
We’re your partner in test. We provide comprehensive battery test solutions for the entire product life cycle. We have solutions and in-house application experts that can help you at any design or manufacturing stage whether you’re at the R&D engineering or high volume manufacturing stages.
- EV/ESS Battery Module/Pack Test
- Battery Characterization
- Cycling, Life-cycle
- Charge, Discharge
- Fuel Cell Test-Module, Stack
- EV Powertrain, Avionics Propulsion Systems
- DC Fast Charger
- Power Conversion: DC/DC Converters, Inverters
- On-board Charger, UPS, Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
- Microgrid, ESS, PV Emulation