Battery Emulator – 9200 Series
Modular, Regenerative Battery Pack Emulator with Power Range from 12kW up to 21 Channels
- High configuration flexibility
- Bi-directional DC Source, expandable from 12 to 252kW with 40 or 120V
- Regenerative, greater than 90% efficiency of discharge power returned to AC mains
- Low Output Capacitance for Accurate Battery Simulation
- Current, Voltage & Mode Transitions <1 mSec
- Built-in digital measurements with charting & scope displays
- Battery Emulation Mode
- Touch Panel, LabVIEW® & IVI Drivers
- Enerchron® Test Executive
NHR’s Regenerative 9200 Battery Emulator, or simulator, includes expandable power ranges from 12kW modules up to 252 kW with 40 or 120V bi-directional DC loads. This battery emulator provides optimal configuration that enables companies the flexibility to expand power levels as needed. It addresses the evolving battery test requirements for electric vehicles, renewable energy storage and critical power applications.
The 9200 Battery Emulator is ideally suited for applications where maximum battery test system configuration flexibility is needed to cover a broad range of battery voltage, current and power requirements now and in the future. Key differentiating features from other battery emulators, or simulators on the market include high accuracy, modular and scalable power, safety and ease of use.
Advantages and Benefits
- Battery emulation using OCV & series resistance
- Designed for testing & emulating all battery chemistries - Automatic energy integration (full & 1/2 cycle) - Multiple safety layers to protect UUT
- Software tools to shorten test development time - PC-based Softpanel GUI with charting - Supplied LabVIEW & IVI-C/IVI-COM drivers - Optional: Enerchron® test sequencer
- Regenerative, returns greater than 90% of power to the facility, which provides significant electrical savings.
- Modular - full function tester per channel design
- Parallels for high power testing (up to 144kW)
- Safely simulate and emulate “Real World” conditions - Sub-mS voltage, current, & mode transition times - Emulate over/under charged batteries - Safely emulate BMS & battery failures
- Flexible configuration (any 3 modules per system)
Modular & Scalable Power
The 9200 Battery Emulator is highly configurable and can parallel up to 21 power modules that can test multiple batteries with different test programs and start/stop times!
For example, on a battery test system configured with three power modules, one of the power modules could test a 12kW battery, while the other two modules could be paralleled to test a 24kW battery. Both batteries could have different battery parameters set and tested at the same time. The end result is an extraordinarily flexible battery test system that makes battery module/pack testing more effective and efficient.
Fast Response Times
NHR’s 9200 Battery Emulators provide the speed and performance to accurately emulate today’s technologies and tomorrow’s innovations. NHR’s 9200 provide fast hardware performance and software command response to respond to real world conditions.
- EV Powertrain, Avionics Propulsion Systems
- DC Fast Charger
- Power Conversion: DC/DC Converters, Inverters
- On-board Charger, UPS, Power Distribution Unit (PDU)
- Microgrid, ESS, PV Emulation
- EV/ESS Battery Module/Pack Test
- Battery Characterization
- Cycling, Life-cycle
- Charge, Discharge
- Fuel Cell Test-Module, Stack