Regenerative Grid Simulator – Model 9410
Grid Simulator (4 Quadrant AC source) for Grid-Tied Inverter Testing, Vehicle to Grid (V2G) Testing, AC Power Product Testing, & More!
- 8 models – Power from 4kW/101/2 kVA to 96kW/252kVA
- Reactive Power capability 2.6 x True Power
- Output AC Voltage Ranges – 175, 350VRMS (L-N)
- Output Frequency – DC, 30 to 100Hz (option up to 880Hz)
- Output DC Voltage Ranges – 200, 400VDC
- Programmable 1, 2 or 3-Phase modes
- Powerful line disturbance creation tools
- High-resolution waveform digitizer with scope display & charting
- Sink power returned back to facility mains
- 9” Touch-Panel user interface
NHR’s Regenerative Grid Simulator (9410) is a unique four-quadrant bi-directional AC/DC source that simulates the utility voltage and regenerates power sourced by grid-tied inverters. Greater than 90% of power is returned to the facility thereby providing significant energy savings. The 9410 is used as a grid simulator, or emulator for testing PV inverters and other grid-tied products for compliance to IEEE 1547, UL 1741, and global industry standards. A wide-range of AC conditions can be emulated including phase imbalance (in voltage and/or phase angle relationship), voltage sag, frequency changes and harmonic injection.
Advantages and Benefits
- Bi-directional AC - Inverter testing & μgrid simulation
- More reactive power per kW
- Simplifies automated test stand development
- Software selectable 1, 2, or 3 Phase operation
- Isolated digital inputs & outputs
- Built-in SW watchdog & safety limits
- Software tools to shorten test development time
- PC-based tools & NI certified drivers
- NI certified LabVIEW & IVI-C/IVI-COM drivers
- Optional: Enerchron® test sequencer
- Regenerative, returns greater than 85% of power to the facility, which provides significant electrical savings.
- Field upgradeable to higher power
- Fully emulate any utility/grid condition
- Simulate non-ideal Phase phase angles (A-B & A-C)
Modular and Scalable Power
The Regenerative Grid Simulator (9410) is flexible in both output form and power level. Output can be AC or DC and the AC can be single, split or 3-phase. Frequency is programmable between 30 and 100 Hz. Power is scalable from 4 kW to 96kW. With this broad selection of power, phase configuration and frequency, this grid simulator provides the flexibility to test the widest range of grid-tied products. The included measurement system also eliminates the need for additional power meters, DMMs, oscilloscopes, or spectrum analyzers.
Accurate Emulation of Complex Power Disturbances
The Regenerative Grid Simulator (9410) is able to replicate power line disturbances through a combination of user-definable waveforms and Macros. User-defined waveforms permit generation of non-sinusoidal voltages including asymmetrical inflections, transient anomalies, voltage harmonics, or any other irregularity which can be drawn as a single-cycle. The grid simulator can emulate sub-cycle transients, phase jumps and multi-cycle line conditions as required.
This modular Grid-Simulator is used to verify product AC performance while a 9200/9300 Bi-directional DC Source may be used to emulate any energy storage system.
- Grid Simulation: Microgrid systems
- V2G, ESS
- On-board Chargers, Grid-aware Chargers
- Grid Utility Test
- PV/Grid Tied Inverter Test
- UPS, Power Distribution Unit (PDU) Test