AC Sources and Grid Simulators
Programmable AC Source and Grid Simulation
NH Research, Inc.’s (NHR) AC Power Sources include the Regenerative Grid Simulator (9410), HiVAR AC Source (9420) and the High Power Regenerative Grid Simulator (9510). NHR’s AC power test solutions provides modular and scalable power advanced measurement capability, fast response-times, and multiple layers of safety designed into the product. These AC Sources and regenerative grid simulators are designed for high performance, configuration flexibility and ease of use. NHR offers a wide range of AC solutions depending on your test requirements including power-hardware-in-the-loop capabiltiies.
Bi-directional testing capabilities are especially ideal for utility companies to test and understand the impacts of e-mobility and grid-tied devices (DG and V2G) on the grid. Applications include grid simulation/emulation for testing the utility grid, EV charging, V2G, solar PV inverters and other grid-tied products for compliance to IEEE 1547, and global industry standards. Other key AC source applications include general purpose power conversion testing, UPS, and ATE/military testing over a wide range of voltage and frequency options.
- Programmable 1, 2 or 3-Phase
- Mix AC & DC on separate output channels
- Fast response times to simulate real-world conditions
- Built-in waveform digitizer & advanced measurement system
- Precision measurements with separate voltage/current ranges
- Multiple layers of safety, built-in
- Compliant to UL1741, IEEE1547 and similar grid-tied standards world-wide.
High Power Regenerative Grid Simulator/AC Source
The 9510 Regenerative Grid Simulator is the industry leading solution for testing and verification of high-power grid-tied applications in compliance with regulatory testing standards, worldwide. The 9510 has a built-in power amplifier mode for Power Hardware in the Loop (PHIL) applications providing further testing and simulation capability ideal for research labs. With a wide range of power, frequency, and phase configuration options, the 9510 provides the ultimate flexibility to test the broadest selection of grid-tied products.
Applications include Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Storage Systems, Solar PV, Vehicle to Grid (V2G) testing, evaluation, and certification.
- 50kW, 75kW, or 100kW modules
- Modular and scalable power from 100kW modules up to 1.2MW
- Widest True-Power Operating Envelope
- Highest Power Density
Regenerative Grid Simulator /AC Source
NHR’s Regenerative Grid Simulator 9410, or Grid Emulator, is a bidirectional AC source ideal for simulating complex power disturbances for testing micro-grid such as Solar/PV inverters, ESS, V2G, the utility grid, and chargers. A wide-range of AC conditions can be emulated including phase imbalance, voltage sag, frequency changes, and harmonic injection.
Applications include grid simulation/emulation for testing PV inverters and other grid-tied products for compliance to IEEE 1547, UL 1741, and global industry standards in addition to military applications.
- 8 power ratings – scalable from 4 to 96 kW
- Dual AC voltage range – 175, 350 VAC at 30 to 100 Hz AC
- Dual DC voltage range – 200, 400 VDC
- Regenerative discharge (load) High efficiency > 90%
AC Source with HIVAR
NHR’s AC Source with HiVAR (9420) is a general purpose AC source offers more than twice the apparent power capability per kW than traditional AC sources. Traditional AC sources list only their VA rating leaving it up to the user to figure out how much true power remains after reactive power reductions. In many cases, that reduction is substantial and then requires selecting a much larger VA-rated source than originally anticipated. Its wide operating envelope results in substantially more useable true power.
Applications include designs over a wide range of input voltages and frequencies for military applications such as magnetic devices, ATE, power-line disturbances, power conversion, UPS, PDU, data centers, etc.
- 7 power ratings – scalable from 8 to 96 kW
- Dual range – 175, 350 VAC at 30 to 880 Hz AC
- Dual range – 200, 400 VDC
- Ultra-low current Energy Star measurement ranges
- DC output & bi-directional DC operating option