DC Electronic Loads
Modular, High-Current, & High-Voltage DC Electronic Loads
NH Research, Inc’s (NHR) DC Electronic Loads include the Modular DC Load (4312, 4350), High-Current DC Load (4700), High-Voltage DC Load (4760), and the Regenerative, Bi-Directional DC Loads (9200, 9300) series.
NHR’s programmable DC Loads are designed for testing applications in all types of markets. Applications include testing batteries and fuel cells, EV subsystems (OBC, V2G, APM, DC-DC converters), chargers, solar panels, automated test systems, power conversion, power supplies, etc.
We offer a variety of DC electronic loads depending on your test requirements and application needs. There are three major categories of DC loads: modular, benchtop, and high power regenerative DC loads. All of our DC loads provide modular and scalable power, fast response times, advanced measurements, and built-in safety features to ensure high performance, safety and ease of use.
- Modular and scalable power
- Fast transients, sub-millisecond pulse
- Built-in advanced measurements, waveform capture & analysis
- High measurement accuracy with separate voltage/current ranges
- Constant Loads – CV, CC, CP, CR & in combination
- PC control using LabVIEW & IVI drivers
- Multiple layers of safety, built-in
Download the DC Electronic Loads/Sources product selector guides to choose the dc load that fits your testing needs.
Regenerative DC Loads
NHR’s Regenerative DC Loads are ideal for high power test applications, with advanced features and over 90% energy efficiency. Bi-directional power flow allows accurate and effective testing of real-world conditions.
NHR’s High Voltage Regenerative DC Load – 9300 addresses the increasing power levels used in electric vehicle and renewable energy storage industries. It provides a dual power range (up to 600 V, 1200V) and can be scaled up to 2.4 MW in 100 kW building blocks, offering a wide operating envelope with fast transient times.
NHR’s Regenerative DC Load – 9200 is ideal for DC power testing where maximum test configuration flexibility is needed to cover a broad range of voltage, current and power requirements. It includes expandable power ranges from 12kW modules up to 252 kW with 40,120 or 600V.
- Regenerative discharge (load) > 90%
- Built-in safety features including pre-charge circuit, isolation relays, etc.
- Battery Emulation Mode
- CAN, BMS, DAQ options
High Voltage/High Current DC Loads
NHR’s programmable DC electronic loads are ideal for medium-to-high-power testing in all markets. The DC electronic loads (4700/4760) can be used as part of an automatic test station or as a stand-alone, bench-top set-up. The DC Electronic Load (4700) is a relatively low-voltage (120V) with high-current capability. The high-voltage DC Electronic Load (4760) is a high-voltage electronic load (600V) for high power applications.
- Ideal for fast transients, ultra-low voltage loading (down to .01 VDC 8 power ratings)
- 4700 Series – 1 kW / 200 A / 120 V to 36 kW / 7200 A / 120 V
- 4760 Series – 1 kW / 50 A / 600 V to 36 kW / 1800 A / 600 V<?li>
- High accuracy 1 kW low power range
DC Modular Loads
The 4300 DC Loads are ideal for rack and stack ATE customers, military as well as aerospace applications. This flexible load measurement system can be reconfigured easily to test products in parallel which better simulates real-world conditions and improves testing time. The capability to combine up to 16 loads into a single chassis, with fast transient speed and synchronous measurement, opens several new test strategy possibilities. The 4300 DC Load is perfect for applications that require simultaneous testing of multiple power conversion UUTs or multi-output power supplies.
- Highly modular, flexible, compact test requirements
- Voltage rating – 120 V or 500 V
- 3 Power ratings – 150, 300 & 600 W
- Mix & Match up to 16 Loads
- Independent measurement capability in a single 5U / 8 3/4″ chassis