Careers In the Power Coversion Industry
As a leading designer and builder of test equipment for power electronics manufacturers worldwide, NH Research, Inc. offers challenging careers in a team environment where we achieve technical excellence and product reliability and recognize our employees for their contributions to this success.
NH Research, Inc. (NHR) is currently seeking highly talented professionals with relevant experience in the power conversion industry, especially in the technical sales and applications areas. If you have noteworthy achievements in either of these disciplines, send us your resume and we will see if there is a good fit with any of our current opportunities listed below:
Position: China Sales Manager (Irvine based)
Company & Market Focus
NH Research (NHR) designs and manufactures test solutions for electrical power conversion products used in the automotive, computer, industrial, aviation and defense industries. NHR has been in this business for over 50-years. More recently, NHR has focused on test equipment for the transportation electrification and renewable energy markets where exponential growth is being driven by governments that are mandating clean energy solutions to fight pollution and global warming. NHR has leveraged its core technologies to develop several new products for this market including testers for motive battery characterization, battery charger performance, electrical grid simulation, and solar inverter test. The products are generally considered best-in-class and have been successfully introduced to the North American market. NHR is located in Irvine, CA and has an office in Shenzhen, China.
Reporting to the VP of Sales & Marketing in Irvine, the China Sales Manager will be responsible for all sales activities in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan currently handled through a well-established team of 5 direct China Nationals based in Shenzhen. Supplementing this team are 8 independent sales representatives throughout the territory. We are looking for a candidate with a winning attitude and a customer focused, growth oriented, get it done mindset to grow the business and team in China. Effective management is expected to take at least 30% of time spent within Territory.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent; MBA is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin
- Successful experience effectively functioning within a rapidly growing but still relatively small company environment. A hands-on style that adds value to the many facets of the position is essential.
- 5-years of experience leading a sales team for very technical, high-value equipment primarily sold to engineers
- Successful track record of achieving sales goals and meeting expense budgets
- Ability to create and deliver accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and quarterly strategic plan updates
- Sales training experience and sales process expertise (Miller Heiman, etc.) is highly desirable
- Background in power electronics, batteries and EVs preferred
- Experience with a CRM to organize customer information, identify and track all sales opportunities
- Candidate must be familiar with technical solution selling where an intimate understanding of prospective customers testing requirements is required
Compensation & Rewards
An attractive compensation plan and a broad range of benefits including medical, profit sharing and 401(k) will be matched to the candidate’s experience.
If you’re interested in a position with NH Research, Inc. please apply below.
Human Resources Manager
NH Research, Incorporated
16601 Hale Avenue
Irvine, CA 92606
Fax: (949) 474-7062
Phone: (949) 474-3900 x115
* NH Research, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer