Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Regarding NH Research, Inc.’s Power Electronic Test Systems & Instruments
Below you’ll find answers to some frequently asked questions (FAQs) regarding our power electronics test systems and instruments. If you need an answer to a question not listed or would like to suggest a topic to be added to our FAQs feel free to contact us.
What is the recommended maintenance/calibration on a system?
In order to maintain reliable test results, the system must be properly maintained. As a minimum, vacuuming and cleaning, as well as calibration should be performed regularly.
The following is a suggested maintenance schedule:
- Every Week – vacuum filters and bottom of cabinet*
*If you are in an industrial environment with heavy dust, it is particularly critical that you adhere to this schedule.
- Calibrate the IEEE instruments.
- Calibrate the system hardware.
- Thoroughly clean (blow out) the system.
The value of proper maintenance should not be underestimated. Severe dust accumulation on the electronics can result in failures, either thermally or conductively (short) induced. If you are interested in our Field Service Technician to perform your yearly calibration, please contact us.
What are my options for calibration?
The options for system calibration are as follows:
- Contact NH Research and a Customer Support Engineer can be scheduled to perform the annual calibration at your facility. Please contact us for cost information and to schedule the on-site calibration.
- If you are interested in performing an on-site system calibration in-house, NH Research, Inc. offers calibration kits. Please contact us for a quotation. Please be sure to have your system serial number, as these kits are unique to each system.
- As an additional service NH Research, Inc. offers the rental of the calibration equipment as well as some of the accessories needed to perform the calibration. Customers are asked to have a HP3458 available. Please contact us to obtain the price for this service and availability of the 3100 Universal Calibrator.
How do I perform calibration?
The following documents are available to assist you with calibration:
How do I update firmware?
The following documents are available to assist you with updating firmware: