Functional Test System – S450 Series
Production Test Systems for High Speed Power Supply Testing
- Preconfigured fully-capability test system in a 35” rack
- Interchangeable DC loads and sources
- Embedded Measurement System (EMS)
- 100 kSamp/s waveform capture
- 12 channel measurement system
- emPower™ test executive control
- PC/Serial interface
- USB-Serial ∓ LAN-Serial available
The Power Supply Functional Test System S450 Series is based on a S430 Production Test System and adds higher power AC/DC sources and higher power DC loading options. This system maintains the features of the S430, is PC-controlled, full-capability and highly flexible system suitable for high-speed testing of power supplies typically used in high volume consumer applications.
The key to flexibility, as well as space- saving design, is the modular DC load/source mainframe. This is the portion of all testers where flexibility is most often required. What makes this subsystem unique is that the 6-slot chassis will accept any combination of electronic loads and/or DC source modules.
Additional flexibility is gained through the ability to synchronously parallel like modules from within a test program to match each supply-under-test’s specific stimulus requirements. In this manner, it is possible to configure a wide range of virtual loads and sources within the chassis’ limits. All modules also have wide operating ranges and constant power operating envelopes to allow covering a maximum range of requirements through a minimum group of modules.
There are now 3 models to choose from. The S430 is designed for low-power DC-DC testing and comes with a 6-slot modular DC load/ source mainframe. The S440 is designed for low-power AC-DC testing and contains a 700W AC source in addition to the modular load/source mainframe. The S450 is configured with a 2700VA AC/DC source for the testing of mid-range power supplies and parallel testing of adapters.
Embedded Measurement System (EMS)
The S450 Series Functional Test System contains an advanced measurement system within the mainframe. The EMS digitizes analog signals for digital analysis to provide both static and transient measurements from a single waveform capture. In this manner, one circuit replaces the essential functions of a voltmeter, timing/noise analyzer, power analyzer and oscilloscope along with the associated interconnect wiring. By reducing measurement equipment results in a simpler, more compact, faster and less expensive tester.
S450 Series Power Supply Functional Test System Specifications
- The S430 is designed for low-power DC-DC testing and comes with a 6-slot modular DC load/source mainframe.
- The S440 is designed for low-power AC-DC testing and embeds a 700W AC source in addition to the modular DC load/source mainframe within a single device.
- The S450 (link) extends the S430 by adding a higher power AC/DC source or a higher power DC load ideal for testing of mid-range power supplies and parallel testing of adapters.
|S400 Test System Instrument Options|
|Instrument Type & Model #||Key Specifications *||Test System Model #|
|Modular DC Sources|
|Modular DC Loads|
|* Maximum voltage/current corners of Constant Power operating envelopes|
- Data Sheet (PDF)
- Application notes
- Product inquiry
- Talk to a product expert
- Print this page
- Email this page
- Universal UPS/Inverter Test System – Model 5500
- Power Supply Functional Test System – Model 5600
- Design Verification/Engineering Characterization Tester – Model 5700
- Universal Calibrator – Model 3100
The S400 Series Modular Test Systems are useful for testing the following products & applications:
Power Supply Testing