Careers In the Power Coversion Industry
As a leading designer and builder of test equipment for power electronics manufacturers worldwide, NH Research, Inc. offers challenging careers in a team environment where we achieve technical excellence and product reliability and recognize our employees for their contributions to this success.
NH Research, Inc. (NHR) is currently seeking highly talented professionals with relevant experience in the power conversion industry, especially in the technical sales and applications areas. If you have noteworthy achievements in either of these disciplines, send us your resume and we will see if there is a good fit with any of our current opportunities listed below:
Position: Applications Engineer
NH Research designs and manufactures automated test equipment and instruments for testing power conversion products used in the automotive, computer, industrial, aerospace, and defense industries as well as the rapidly expanding alternative energy market. We have been in the power electronics test business for over 50 years with facilities in Irvine, California and Shenzhen, China. NH Research is committed to supplying industry-leading high-quality products with quick market response times.
NHR is looking for a detail-oriented, highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to analyze power electronic challenges and develop appropriate solutions. Candidate should have a passion for continuous learning and ability to share knowledge and/or teach others. Key responsibilities include assisting the sales team in pre-sales activities including definition of test needs, interpretation of specification requirements, system configuration, proposal preparation, benchmark test programs, competitive positioning, and product demonstrations. Additionally, the Applications Engineer will support and engage with product line management, customer support, manufacturing, and engineering ensuring we maintain a leadership position providing high quality products to our customers.
- BS Engineering degree (BSEE preferred), or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years work experience working with power electronics or test equipment
- Must possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills to be the link between customers, sales team & engineering
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with hands-on wiring & working with high power equipment
- Able to work independently with excellent time & task management
- Willingness to travel when required
Stronger candidates would additionally be able to demonstrate
- Experience in specifying test equipment especially when designing automated test systems
- Familiarity with AC & DC loads, battery cyclers, grid simulators, & related solutions.
- Experience in a technical sales-support role
- Experience networking protocols (TCP-IP/UDP/etc.) & with additional communication protocols (CAN/MODBUS/Serial/etc.)
- Expertise in writing applications in LabVIEW, Python, C#, or similar languages
- Experience in developing or performing training programs
- Experience in creating application notes & whitepapers
Travel Requirement: less than 20% generally during the normal work week
If you’re interested in a position with NH Research, Inc. please apply below.
NH Research, Incorporated
16601 Hale Avenue
Irvine, CA 92606
Fax: (949) 474-7062
Phone: (949) 474-3900 x115* NH Research, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer