DC Electronic Loads
High-Current DC Electronic Loads – 4700 Series
- 8 sizes – 1 to 36 kW @ 120 or 600 V
- High-resolution waveform capture for analysis of dynamic transients
- 18 built-in, precision voltage, current, power and timing measurements that eliminate additional dedicated measurement instruments
- Isolated digital inputs and outputs for test fixture support
- PC/LAN control using LabVIEW & IVI drivers
- Optional touch-panel user interface
There are 2-types of programmable dc electronic loads in this general-purpose, medium-to-high-power electronic load family. The 4700 is a relatively low-voltage electronic load (120 V) with high-current capability. The High-Voltage DC Electronic Load (4760 Series) is a high-voltage electronic load (600 V).
The High-Current DC Electronic Loads (4700 Series) are used in a wide variety of applications that involve automated testing of power conversion device outputs to simulate real-world loading conditions. Such devices include DC power supplies, telecom rectifiers, and traction batteries.
Extended Internal Measurements
The High-Current DC Electronic Loads eliminate the need for separate external instruments to capture timing and other dynamic measurements during UUT turn-on and turn-off. This is accomplished by incorporating the task-essential features of a DMM, DSO and Transient Generator. With this built-in capability, the 4700 DC Electronic Load can rapidly generate engineering-characterization-like test information at fast test speeds. An additional benefit is savings from fewer measurement instruments, switches and interconnection wiring.
Complex Load Profile Playback
To facilitate ease of re-creating complex, precisely timed, multi-mode load profiles, a 100-step macro-recording capability allows capturing a dynamic sequence for later playback from within the electronic load. Additional complex profiles can be stored in a system controller library for download to the electronic load when required.
4700 Series DC Electronic Load Specifications
|Power||1 kW||2 kW||3 kW||6 kW||12 kW||18 kW||24 kW||36 kW|
|Current||200 A||400 A||600 A||1200 A||2400 A||3600 A||4800 A||7200 A|
|Voltage||120 V||120 V||120 V||120 V||120 V||120 V||120 V||120 V|
|* The above specifications show typical configurations. Contact NH Research, Inc. for higher power ratings.|
- Data Sheet (PDF)
- Application notes
- AC & DC Electronic Load Product Selector Guide
- Product inquiry
- Talk to a product expert
- Print this page
- Modular DC Electronic Load – Model 4350
- AC Electronic Load – 4600 Series
- High-Voltage DC Electronic Load – 4760 Series
- Bi-directional DC Load – 9200 Series
- Test Management Software – Enerchron® 2.0
The Model 4700 DC Electronic Loads are useful for testing the following applications & products:
DC Power Supplies, Power Conversion, Telecom Rectifiers, Traction Batteries, Vehicle to Grid (V2G) Testing